Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 5

This is harder than I thought it was going to be.  Not just because I miss him, but because there are SO MANY songs that mean a lot to me!  There are literally THOUSANDS of songs that remind me of him, or are by bands that we enjoyed together or saw together.  Or bands that he found on accident that he HAD to share with me.  Or bands that I found by accident...This has been rough.  How do you define 14+ years with just 31 days of music posts?  I sure am trying, though.  I want so bad to do him justice.


There will be more Skinny Puppy, trust me.  But this one had to be posted first since we saw Skinny Puppy on this tour on October 17th, 2004.  He totally understood how proud I was to have Nivek Oghr spittle/green jell-o on my chest and the chocolate pudding.  (That's how close we were to the stage!)  This date rings a bell, too, not only because it's my mom's birthday, but when we finally spoke again, it was October 17th, 2010.  And then he was gone two weeks later....


I hate the Cruxshadows.  I didn't for a long time...hell, I think I've seen them 8 or 9 times, all but one time with Chris.  I got pretty tired of them, and this stuff gets pretty old.  But he loved them.  And he loved this video.  He thought it was hilarious, though I doubt that was their intention.  We had a fun road trip to Denver to see them.  I lived in Las Cruces and since he was in ABQ, I drove up to see him, then we took his car to Denver and we saw them at The Gothic.  We got here, saw the show, turned around and I crashed at his place and drove back to LC the next day.  As much as I don't like this band anymore, that was a really fun trip.  We got to pick each others' brains, and while we were so very different, we were kindred spirits, if you believe in that hooey.  Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  I'm weird, I guess.  All I know is that I miss him.


No comments:

Post a Comment