Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sick Monkey

So, I woke up and went to the loo, like 99% of the population, pregnant or not.  When I got out, there was Dante, curled up on Hubby, looking like someone ran over the dog I have yet to get him.  He crawled into my lap and I felt his fever through my pj's.  I grabbed my almost dead cell phone and called Dr. C and begged to be seen today.  The sweet receptionist squeezed us in at 345pm and as soon as I hung up, I got him some tylenol and took his temp so I knew what I was dealing with.  You can imagine my chagrin when I saw 100.2 show up on the little digital screen.  So I internally weeped and in a moment of stupidity, I got him a few swigs of orange juice.  Not sure if it was too cold or too acidic, but it came right back up.  So I went to rinse him off in a cool shower and you would have thought by his screams that I was dunking him in an acid bath.  So I took him back to his changing table, and even though he was still warm, he was shaking.  So I put even more maximum strength Desitin on his sore little bottom and gently put a diaper on him, and then I figured I'd just put a T-shirt on him so I could turn on the AC and when I put the shirt over his head, he screamed again!  Good heavens!

So I tried giving him a piece of banana, and he took it graciously, then eventually left it on the floor, not taking even a tiny nibble.  He tried to dance to Sesame Street, but his balance was off.  Then he just gave up and cuddled with me on the couch.  He slammed some Pedialyte and we played a little bit on the couch, but he was yawning and rubbing his eyes, so I put him down for a nap.  The look of gratitude on his face made my heart flip flop, and I covered him in more kisses, turned on his "gowrm" (gloworm) and he just curled up and that was it!

So now I get to chill out for a bit, maybe lie down myself until we have to get dressed and head down to Dr. C's.  I really hope he knows how much I adore him...

No comments:

Post a Comment