Monday, July 25, 2011

Let the Hilarity Ensue!

Yesterday was spent cleaning.  And when I say "yesterday," I mean I didn't get to bed until 6am.  And even then, we had to finish this morning.  Any by morning, I mean around noon.

Went to my NST and doc appointment at 130p like I was supposed to.  I had frosted flakes for breakfast so she'd be more hopped on sugar when I got there, and in hindsight, I'm glad I did!

Had a great NST, then I had to get Examined to see where I was.  The look of shock on my doc's face was PRICELESS!  Her exact words were, "OH MY GOSH, BRANDY!  You're at 4 1/2 centimeters, at least!"  But because I was tired and pissy, I had a couple high blood pressure readings, so she sent me across the street to the hospital so they could run blood work and monitor my blood pressure.  Blood pressure was fine, but there was a little too much protein in the sample I left, so Doc ordered a quick ultrasound to check my fluid levels.  I then had to wait for the nurse practitioner on duty to finish up a C-Section since she was the only one that could do it.  So I chilled, watched some news, and when she got there, she said all was well, so I was sent home.  By this time, it was about 530p.  Yeah.  No bueno!

Got into my car, grateful that I didn't get a ticket since I was in a two hour, non-metered spot, and took off to get milk, since we were out.  Got home, gave Dante a cookie and some milk, and then we went to bed for a nap.  All of us!  LOL!  I woke up just now to hit the loo, and the mess was unreal.  I have never had "membranes stripped" before, but now I know what happens after the fact.  To be gross for a second, it looks like a ton of snot with a ton of blood.  But I checked, and since my contractions aren't regular, and because I know I can talk through them, I'm staying put.  I'm letting my boys sleep for a bit more.

So, that was my crazy, hilarious day!  How was yours?

1 comment: