Friday, July 22, 2011

*facepalm*

Today has been one of those days that makes me wish I had a bubble to put Dante in while I sleep.

(Sidenote:  Last night, I set an alarm to wake up from a short nap around 8.  Slept right through the alarm til almost 9.  YIKES!)

So, this morning, after all my mid-rest treks to the loo, I woke up when Hubby's alarm went off.  It is set to go 8 minutes after my phone as an insurance policy.  Good thing!  We both slept through my phone's alarm!  Guess who else was up at 10 am?  You betcha.  Dante.  Yippee.

So I made breakfast, helped Hubby get out the door, and after he left, I let Dante dance a bit more before putting him back down.  I decided I got to go back to bed, too, and I set an alarm.  Slept right through it.  Got up, got Dante up, tried to see if my friend wanted to go for a walk, but it seems all I really did was wake her up from a nap since she slept through her alarm, too!

Dante woke up on the WRONG SIDE OF THE CRIB.  Everything I asked him to do, he ignored.  Instead, he fiddled with my Wii, ripped up some coupons I thought I had hidden from him, spilled a soda I forgot I had open, grabbed a knife off the counter, and went through my wallet that was hidden.  I tried calming him down with a call to my mom, and I think he broke my speakerphone!  It stopped working!  So he just yelled at my mom when before I dialed, I asked if he wanted to call his gramma to tell her he can't wait to see her, and he was excited!

So I put him back to bed, and he was out in mere minutes.  Now, even though I've blown a lot of time, I am going to try to lay down, too.  I reset the alarm AND turned up the volume.  Let's hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment