Sunday, July 10, 2011

You Can't Just Leave Me....

This past year has been....interesting.  For those unaware, my best friend died last Hallowe'en, I got knocked up, and magically, Dante turned two.  Time flies, I guess.

But last week, one of my surrogate "moms" was in a motorcycle accident.  Not going to get into details, but I will say, since I finally got to see her today, she looks a lot better than I had anticipated.  Not ship shape, but damn, it was good to hear her voice.

On the way home, I heard the song "Bring Me to Life" by Evanescence on the radio.  When that song came out, Chris, my best friend that passed, was the one that insisted I listened to it.  It wasn't until I saw them perform it live on Jay Leno that I realized she actually can't carry a tune in a bucket and I gave up on them.  It also didn't hurt that I had worn that whole album to shreds and was sick of it, and getting into harsh EBM and industrial.

But I've actually heard it a few times lately, and always changed the station.  But for some odd reason, I was compelled to actually listen to it again.  It's still over-rated, still a cliche, and basically, still blows in my opinion.  But I cried.  I couldn't stop myself.  It brought back some fantastic memories with one of the most amazing people I have ever had the honor of knowing.  It stung, like I'd been slapped in the face with a chain mail gauntlet.

So today was a weird day....such good things, like Mom being well enough to get to regular room and I finally got to see her, and being blindsided by one of the dumbest songs ever recorded.  Very odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment