Saturday, June 18, 2011

Track Lists

I am going to need some help, here.  I am starting to pack my hospital bag (because I am a neurotic Girl Scout!) and I know I will need at least 3 cd's to get through labor:  1)  "Slow But Steady Wins the Race"  2)  "You Got This!!!!" and 3)  [stealing the title of a Combichrist song for good reason] "Get Your Body Beat."

Here are some of my early ideas, feel free to leave suggestions so I can search for these songs and figure it out!

Disc 1)
Caught a Lite Sneeze - Tori Amos
Every Day is Like Sunday - Morrissey
Come Closer - Tarkan
Tonight and the Rest of My Life - Nina Gordon
Near You Always - Jewel
Center of the Sun - Conjure One
Silence - Delerium
Maybe an Angel - Heather Nova
Invisible and Silent - Covenant
Damaged - Assemblage 23

Disc 2)
On A High - Duncan Sheik
I Want All of You - The Verve Pipe
Human Behaviour - Bjork
Caged Bird - Shroud
Mexican Moon - Concrete Blonde
Blue - The Birthday Massacre
Another World - Beborn Beton
Once in a Lifetime - Wolfsheim

Disc 3)
(the aforementioned) Get Your Body Beat - Combichrist
Blood - System Syn
Warlock - Skinny Puppy
We Stand Alone - Covenant
Isolation of a Realist - System Syn
Headhunter V1.0 - Front 242
Spark - Assemblage 23
Document - Assemblage 23
I am the Rain - Assemblage 23
Let the Wind Erase Me - Assemblage 23
Saviour (Vox) - VNV Nation

I can't tell a lie.  Every song on the 3rd disc as it sits is a song that Chris loved.  Most of these songs, we've danced to.  *sigh*

But I think the general vibe of the other 2 is pretty straightforward.  Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Once in a lifetime makes me cry!!

    I wish I could help but I just listened to pandora radio under Delerium and Enya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. I don't have pandora on my phone, and I'm not sure if my slow comp will let me run it while I play all my games. (And the speakers suck on this thing!)

    Once in a Lifetime was how Chris and I found Wolfsheim. It makes me tear up, too, but it's important. =D

    ReplyDelete