Thursday, September 15, 2011

I Didn't Teach Him That!!

Last week, Dante impressed the hell out of us when he read a piece of mail that said "Xfinity;" it was mail from our cable provider.  It completely blew my mind.  I can't help but wonder, though, if he just sees so many of the ads on tv that the logo tipped him off.

Then, today (yesterday, for you day walkers) I asked him if he wanted a quesadilla since I didn't feel like cooking, and never mentioning the chain by name - Taco Bell - we just hit the drive-thru and went home to munch and nap the rest of the gloomy day away.

Fast forward to Hubby getting home.  He asked Dante where we went today and Dante picked up a wrapper and pointed to the logo and said "Taco Bell, Dada!"  What.  The.  Punk?

I decided we watch too much tv and went to finish dinner.  And the more I thought about it, the more I realized that we don't see many, if any, Taco Bell commercials.

As that little nugget of information creeped its way into my gray matter, he looked at Hubby's phone, pointed to the top of it, and read where it says "T-Mobile."

We really don't see many commercials.  We skip them on the DVR when we watch shows that have them, but he mostly sees PBS shows, which are (thankfully) commercial free.

So I'm sitting here, about to go to bed (if I can turn my brain off...PLEASE?!) and I'm wondering if he's going to just be an early reader like I was.  I have been reading voraciously since the tender age of 2 1/2.  In hindsight, I'm thinking I did it to kill time while Mom fed and diapered my little brother.  Is that what's happening to him?  Now I'm beginning to think I'm abandoning my son and the only way he feels he's going to get any attention is by doing something awesome while finding something to do.  Two birds, so to speak.

On that note, I put Scarlett in the Bumbo seat today, and she was able to sit in it without completely flopping about like a fish out of water.  I got video AND pictures.  I cried because it means she's getting bigger and stronger and will soon be running circles around me like Dante does.  Dante cried because even though he rarely sits in it (and it's Scarlett's anyways), she was invading his turf.  It was very cute, and I distracted him with avocado.  Ha!

I am going to attempt to get to bed before the sun comes up.  That is my new daily goal.  *yawn*

No comments:

Post a Comment