Thursday, March 24, 2011

Restaurant Review: Udi's Arvada

Let me preface this by saying I'm a bit biased:  One of my best friends, Kayla, is a server here.  But the prices are excellent, the food is usually very good, and even when Kayla isn't my server, the service is good.  I love their kids menu!  For breakfast or brunch, Dante *loves* the French toast, and since we were there late today, he got a big ol' bowl of mac and cheese with house made chips and fresh fruit for only $3.50!

Today, I learned they now have a "Happy Hour" menu, so I went nuts and ordered a hummus plate, and a falafel plate.  They were only $3 and $4 each!  The "problem" was that each plate came with a HUGE side of bread, so I got to bring a bunch of that delicious Udi's artisan bread home with us!  The hummus, unfortunately, tasted like something I can get out of a plastic container at Target.  Nothing special.  The falafel was mediocre, and I can't quite put my finger on why.  It was a bit too crispy on the outside for my taste, but I am used to the falafel at Jerusalem (a FANTASTIC restaurant near DU) and at International Delights in Las Cruces.  This was like neither, in any way, shape or form.  All they had in common was the name.

But if you get to go for breakfast/brunch, while pricer than the "happy hour," it's still quite reasonable.  I think when I went for brunch a week or so ago, my Greek omelette was $8.50, and it was HUGE!  AND it came with two slices of toast for me to slather in a garlic mayo before I threw my eggs onto it for a delicious sandwich!  The decaf (I'm pregnant, remember?) was insanely good and rich, and yes, I had a taste of Dante's toast.  SO GOOD!

Apparently they are known for their pizza, but I have yet to try it.  When I really feel a strong need for pizza, I live next door to Il Vicino.

All in all, if you find yourself shopping near Olde Town Arvada, hit Udi's up!  They have a selection of gluten free goodies to take home, and on the menu, and I think if you stick with brunch or American fare, you are in for a fantastic meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment