Friday, March 25, 2011

How did THIS happen?

Two years ago today, I was planted right here.  Not really able to move, since I gained 50 pounds while I was pregnant with Dante.  (Which probably explains why I have my own butt print on the couch...)  I was bitching and moaning that they wanted to wait until my birthday (April 2nd) to induce, unless he decided to make an early entrance into this world.  I was tired of being pregnant, tired in general, and the very definition of Super Bitch.  Little did I know that at 6:58 am the next day, my water broke like the proverbial floods, and I had to drive myself to the hospital that my doctor wanted me to go to, 23 miles away.  Snow fell, and the highway was closed while I was on it.  Long story short, Dante was born March 26th, 2009, at 10:18 pm.

It blows my mind that my little boy is going to be two years old tomorrow!  It blows my mind that I am pregnant again, like an odd kind of masochist.  I am still wrapping my brain around what I must've done to deserve my blessings.  I also can't help but wonder what kind of mom I really will be when we get to the brass tacks.  Hrm.

I think this is something I can ponder as I go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment